Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Summer of 2006, pt. 2

Keeping each one short:

- I have really enjoyed the last two weeks or so. The only time when things have gotten dull was when I wasn't home; I drove down to the apartment over the weekend to go to dinner with some friends and have a meeting for CLS.

So far during this break, we have done a lot; went to the Cleveland Zoo (my favorite animal is the lion), went to the Aeros game (the Akron Aeros are the Indians' AA team, and we're going again Thursday), and have had plenty of time to go swimming at my brother's house. It has really been a fantastic break, and I am alternating my time between relaxing and studying for the Blackstone.

- It doesn't look like the Indians are going anywhere, unless they can get another winning streak going like they did last year. The offense is decent, but they need more than two pitchers (Sabathia and Wickman) to step up and carry the load. Plus, the Central Division just keeps getting tougher, since now Detroit seems like a legitimate contender. If they don't start winning soon, it will all be over by the All-Star Break, winning streak or not.

- Despite what my friend Aaron (the Steelers fan) says, I have high hopes for the Browns this year. I think Savage, the GM, seems to know what he's doing, by bringing together what looks like the beginning of a solid offensive line. Ultimately, it all comes down to Charlie Frye. If he has a breakout year, and he has a chance to with Winslow and Braylon Edwards back, you just might see the Browns in the playoffs.

- I was disappointed that the Cavs couldn't knock off Detroit in the playoffs, but they'll be back next year. If they can sign LeBron James long term, I think he will lead them to a championship, assuming they keep a solid team around him. Here are my predictions: LeBron will sign another five-year deal to stay in Cleveland, the Cavs will trade Z, possibly for an elite point guard and scorer (I heard Allen Iverson, but that's unlikely), and the Cavs will win 50-55 games next year. I'm not going to make a prediction on the playoffs, though-anything can happen.

- I am going to have some pictures on here when I post while in Phoenix, so stay tuned for more posts.

No comments: