Monday, September 04, 2006

A Running Post

So I finally got to the last of the dozen posts about my summer. I made a promise that had to be kept, no matter how long it took (even until Labor Day). The fact is, I am swamped right now: a full course load, Appellate Advocacy, Christian Legal Society, Student Bar Association, and a multitude of other things. But I am going to find the time to keep this blog going, to keep up with the news and maintain it as a resource for Christians who are either in law school or considering legal education. Plus, I enjoy it too much.

After being back in Columbus for a few weeks now, I have started to get things somewhat under control. Every day brings its own challenges. Starting this month, I plan to get settled in with a local church again, begin pursuing outside activities to boost my lawyering skills (such as volunteer work and being active in bar associations), and continue looking for a job for next summer.

Most of all, I want to keep my eye in God in the midst of the time storm I am facing right now. It is so easy to lose sight of Him when you have so much to accomplish in one day, so many fires to put out that demand your attention. But this is the time when I need to stay on track (or get on back when I have strayed) in order to keep a sense of perspective and diligence.

This weekend, I will have a post on Legal News. Not sure of the topic right now. This week, I will give a more detailed update on the first few weeks of school, including what I did this Labor Day weekend (I turned 23 yesterday), the upcoming Mentoring Program luncheon, and the Christian Legal Society Bible study.

Stay tuned for more posts.

No comments: