Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Weekend in the Country

I spent a good bit of this weekend in Licking County, east of Columbus. On Saturday, I went apple picking with some other people from the Christian Grad Student Fellowship at OSU, to a farm nearby. We were supposed to drive right up to the orchard, but the weather did not cooperate. It had rained earlier in the morning, making the paths muddy, and causing lots of cars to get stuck. So we cut our losses, bought some apples by the basket, and went on home.

On Sunday, I got to meet my friend Megan at her church, and afterward, we went out to breakfast and drove around the countryside to check out the foliage. Today was absolutely gorgeous-a perfect, sunny fall day, with a temperature around 60-65 degrees. I got to see quite a bit of the area-we drove as far north as Johnstown, Alexandria, and Sunbury, and as far south as Fairfield County. Not a huge distance, but for taking back roads, it takes a while. But it was worth it-the scenery was wonderful, and I had a good time.

It's going to be a "grindstone" kind of week-our micro draft, or second draft, of the brief is due for Appellate Advocacy on Thursday, and my goal this week is to get as much outlining done as I can going into Fall Break. I don't plan to do a huge amount of work over the break, except for maybe some acc-checking for the law journal, and a few other things.

On another note, both of my teams won this weekend. The #1 Buckeyes of The Ohio State University rolled over the #13 Iowa Hawkeyes 38-17, and the Browns finally got a win too, beating the Raiders 24-21. I was disappointed that I didn't get to witness the victory, though, since the Bengals were on here in Columbus. I will get to watch them next week, though, when they go to Carolina. That will be a tough one-don't expect them to win, but you never know with the Browns. With Ohio State, though, I am glad I will get to go to a game this year-one of my friends is going to sell me a ticket to the Indiana game, so that will be nice.

No comments: