Thursday, December 21, 2006

Almost Christmas

This is a milestone-my first back to back posts in quite a while.

I heard today that Chicago has decided to allow advertisements for "The Nativity Story" today, nearly three weeks after its December 1 release date. Of course, now that the movie has been out a few weeks, the advertising can't have the same impact in getting people to go see the movie about the birth of Christ, but I guess that's what the people in charge wanted all along.

On a more positive note, a praise....I got word today that I have been selected to compete in my school's Herman moot court competition, where I will be preparing an appellate brief and delivering an oral argument to a panel of judges. I will also be competing for a spot on one of my school's traveling teams. If I get selected, I won't be doing Herman, but I will be traveling to some far-off corner of the country (perhaps New York City or New Orleans) for an interschool competition sometime this coming semester. So I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for one of these four slots, and if I don't get one, I still get to compete in Herman. I am excited about the opportunity-I enjoy doing appellate argument, and any chance I can get to hone my skills will serve me well as a litigator, regardless of the court or type of case I am arguing.

Exams are nearing completion as well-not much further to go. I get to go home tomorrow for Christmas, and I cannot wait. Nothing makes you appreciate your home, and your family, and your hometown, as much as being away at school. I am lucky that I get to go home every couple of weekends throughout the semester, because I am only 2 hours away from Akron when I am in Columbus, but sometimes it feels like 20. Besides getting to see my family, I am looking forward to attending my home church again on Christmas Eve, eating some good food, and not having to listen to High Street serenade me to sleep every night.

No rest for the weary though...after exams are over, it's time to dig into my note, begin preparing for my tryout for the travel team (luckily, we just do the same oral argument from Appellate Advocacy, so I don't need to prepare a new brief), and start getting ready for next semester. As a wise man once said, you can sleep when you're dead, and it looks like I'm taking that to heart.

No comments: