Thursday, January 04, 2007

Brian Agonistes

I got the title of this post from my Word a Day emails-"agonistes" means someone who is involved in a struggle, which pretty much describes my life right now, in the midst of the second year of law school.

But first, the Christmas season. I had a pretty good holiday season-got interrupted by some work at school that couldn't wait, but other than that, it was a real blessing to be home with family. We went to church Christmas Eve, as usual, and the service was beautiful. My favorite part comes at the end, where the congregation sings "Silent Night" by candlelight. This, more than anything captured the Christmas season for me-it's not about a break from exams or presents or any of the other distractions of this world, but the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord.

New Year's was fun also-I went to see "Night at the Museum" with my mom and dad (which wasn't a bad movie-I like anything with a history theme and featuring my favorite president, Teddy Roosevelt), then came home and watched the ball drop at midnight. Overall, I had a few days off around New Year's before coming back to Columbus Tuesday night.

So what lies ahead this semester? Writing my note for the Ohio State Law Journal, finding a job for the summer, the Legislation Clinic (where I go work at the Statehouse and see the inner workings of the Ohio General Assembly-more in a later post), and oh yeah, 13 credits' worth of classes and a work-study job. I move forward into 2007 prayerful and with a good attitude-I believe that good days lie ahead, come what may.

No comments: