Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pressing Forward

From now on, in keeping with my desire to better learn and internalize Scripture, and apply its principles to my life, I am going to start listing a few verses in these dispatches that are especially relevant to my life at the moment. So, here goes:

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?...Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" (Matthew 6:25, 30 KJV).

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. (emphasis added)" (Proverbs 23:7 KJV)

"And he said, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV)

No comments: