Saturday, March 11, 2006

Due Diligence

I have decided to make more posts on this blog, regardless of the amount of sleep lost, and to try and make them about the Christian law student experience as much as I can.

I made this decision in response to a conversation with a friend this past week. It had to do with professional conduct, and after thinking about what he said, I realize that there are probably ways in which I can enrich my education and learn more for when I am a lawyer, which is in the not-too-distant future. I think one of the ways I can feel better about the progress I have made so far in law school is to update my blog more often, and make it relevant to my life as a law student. I was looking at random law student blogs listed on a law students' website (4LawSchool.com, it has some good information) and I realized that the quality of my own pales in comparison to many of the others, some of which are updated every day.

Yet at the same time, I want this blog to reflect my own experiences, opinions, etc., not those of the "typical" law student. I want it to be more like the kinds of blogs my classmates have, which don't fall into a pattern of just describing the daily grind. Yes, I will post about court decisions, but I would like for this to be a record of this time in my life, so that I will remember 2005-2006, my first year of law school, with all its ups and downs, and good and bad experiences. So this means that I'm not going to rule anything out as a post topic, whether it be Ohio State football or oil prices. Whatever it is that is on my mind, will be on here.

No comments: